The following information and a printable flyer can also be found on the United Way of the Florida Keys website at http://www.keysunitedway.org/vita2019.
2019 VITA Tax Preparation Dates for Tax Year 2018
If your household income was less than $55,000 in 2018, you can Prepare & File Your Taxes for FREE. Make an appointment for FREE tax preparation services provided by IRS-certified volunteer tax preparers.
The VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance) program is designed to assist qualified taxpayers with completion of their annual tax returns and to ensure that limited income families receive every available benefit. Tax preparers are IRS-certified and prepared to complete simple tax returns. Returns may include:
Earned Income Credit
Child Tax Credit
Dependent Care Credit
Middle & Upper Keys - 305-849-1095
Key Largo Library – Mar 16: 10 am - 2 pm
Tavernier FK Electric Co-op – Feb 12; March 12: 10 am - 2 pm
Islamorada Library – Feb 19; Mar 19: 10 am - 2 pm
Marathon Library – Feb 21, 28; Mar 21, 28; Apr 2, 9: 10 am - 2 pm
Lower Keys - 305-849-6473
Stock Island Bernstein Park – Feb 25; Mar 18: 3 -7 pm
Key West Gato Building – Feb 6, 13, 20, 27; Mar 6, 13, 20, 27; Apr 3,10; 10 am - 2 pm
Be sure to bring:
- For married filing joint, both spouses must be present
- Photo identification for you and your spouse (if married)
- Social Security cards or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number documents for you, your spouse, and dependents
- Birth dates for you, spouse and dependentsA copy of last year’s tax return
- All Forms W-2, 1098, and 1099
- Forms 1095-A, B or C (ACA Statements)
- Information for other income
- Information for all deductions/credits
- Documentation of total paid to day care provider and their tax ID number
- For direct deposit of refund, proof of account and bank’s routing number
- For prior year returns, copies of income transcripts from IRS (and state, if applicable)
Not able to attend one of these dates? Prepare your own taxes safely, conveniently and FREE online at MyFreeTaxes.com, regardless of income or language.
In addition to the VITA tax preparation program, MyFreeTaxesTM is a free program for qualified taxpayers who want to complete their own taxes. United Way partners with industry leader H&R Block to help people easily and accurately file both their federal and state taxes through MyFreeTaxesTM. Taxpayers earning less than $66,000 can enter their data through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes for free from home, at work or on mobile devices, in less than an hour.